You won’t understand the importance of taking care of your uniforms – until you really want to. Whether you are a parent to a school going kid or a young school teenager there’s one thing you need to know – school uniforms are a testimony to the fact about how you keep yourself disciplined and how confidence matters to you.
Every garment produced by certain companies, especially for the school wear business, have tags and instruction card to take care of them.
Although every garment is thoroughly tested before distribution to negate the possibility of any imperfection, it’s still important to understand the nuances of taking care of durability, colour, and fibre. While there’s no definite answer to take care of every fabric that you have, but there’s bound to be an answer for taking care of your school uniform. Here’s how you can make your kid look best among the lot at school and in general
- Wash dark colours separately– Yes, this may sound a no-brainer. But trust us, it’s not. We’re guessing you would have spotted a few people claiming off-white as white and vice versa. While stronger colours have a tendency to fade, light colours take up other colours too quickly. Remember to wash whites only with whites and if you use standard detergents or bleaching powders, make sure you are not mixing it with any other powder or liquid wash.
- Know your detergents– Again it appears such an essential necessity yet you should consistently peruse the back of the detergents and see what they comprise of. You will discover many of them with bleaching agents which render them unsatisfactory for dim shading washes. Don’t get fooled by the cheaper options as it might be harmful to the fabric. You should consider the absolute expense of the dress you normally wash. If you’ve been lately thinking about cutting costs down on your detergents, then know this – you will have to bear the consequences of those cheap detergents such as stains and quality deterioration.
- How much is sufficient –This goes without saying that detergents these days are offered by companies in two forms –either liquid or solid. In every case, it is always a wise decision to not play with detergent portions. No matter which one you choose to wash clothes, don’t forget to understand the portions to measure the same. If it’s not too much trouble, stick to the prescribed measures and fight the temptation to self-evaluate the portion.
- Don’t let those wet clothes stay in wash tub for long – At the point when the cycle is done you should expel the wet things from the clothes washer right away. This will abstain from causing extra wrinkling. At this stage again you should focus on the instruction guidelines. While dealing with certain fabrics such as fleece, make sure you dry it as soon as it’s out of the washing tub because these fabrics can become too large for you if left unattended for long. Your specific school wear care mark will let you know precisely the process of drying it. For example, utilize a dryer.
- Wash uniforms at the suggested temperature – Once another essential reality yet neglected by many. Many people take instructions on every school wear lightly and this is where temperature stems from – Yes, it is as important as choosing the right detergent. It is notable that high temperatures shrivel things, particularly common materials, for example, fleece. If you’re in doubt, let us tell you – a 30-degree wash is consistently a sure thing.
- Know what you are washing– In addition to the fact that you have to consider the hues you are washing you ought to likewise think about the material kinds, fragile, silks, cotton, fleeces, manufactured and so forth. All washing machines these days are equipped with their own process and cycles to suit most kinds of garments. Concentrate on the school uniform names cautiously. What material creation would they say they are comprised of? Pick cycles that will wash the school uniform as indicated by its structure and shading.
- Beware of the Iron– Again your piece of clothing care mark will detail the definite program or material sort you should press at. Never iron anything without checking the ironing instructions- yes such thing exists! As this is a moderately new element the vast majority of us don’t have this so for the present we should peruse pressing consideration directions and modify setting physically.
While at it, here are a few extra points to be taken into consideration while caring for your school uniform –
- Wash articles of clothing made of “like” textures and hues together
- Wash articles of clothing before they are worn (for shading speed and solace)
- Pre-treat any stains before washing (machine washing and drying without pre-treating may set stains in forever).
- Try not to put undiluted washing powder legitimately onto your washing as spot fading can happen
- Chlorine dye and pre-drenches are not suggested.
- Never hang your articles of clothing out in direct daylight.
- Continuously secure all zips, catches and studs before washing with the goal that they don’t harm the articles of clothing or get found during the wash cycle.
- When washing, utilize warm or even virus water cycles.
- To ensure the shade of your pieces of clothing consistently wash them back to front.
While it may sound easy to some, but taking care of clothes and especially uniforms can turn out to be an uphill task if not done seriously. And no, this is not rocket science at all! If you’re a parent, ignoring the basic care of school uniform can decrease the confidence of your kid – and we’re sure no parents out there wants this to happen! Good luck taking care of your uniforms!